1 Peter 4:8-10
8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
God is good, and has richly blessed us all. In light of this, we are called to be good stewards of our God-given gifts. While it’s true we have the freedom to choose how we use these blessings, our abilities and material wealth, we also have the responsibility to use them the right way. This is true stewardship. Let’s remember these two points from Pastor Terry’s sermon:
- Good stewardship is about a relationship, not an obligation.
- Good stewardship is about giving our best
Please read and think about each question as it applies to your Christian journey with Christ.
- What is the best way to think about stewardship? What does this word mean for you?
- How do you feel you’ve been a good steward of God’s blessings? What are some ways to be better stewards of these gifts?
- How can we be better givers for our local ministry and denomination?
Lord, thank you for all your gifts. Please help us use them in the right way. Allow us to be a blessing to others and for those who work for your ministry. Help us to steward our resources in a way that glorifies your name and your kingdom in this world. Amen.